Aberdeenshire Council are organising an evening event, Dyslexia: Practical information & advice for parents & young people, on Tuesday Feburary 21st, from 19:00-21:00 at Mackie Academy, Stonehaven.
An evening of practical workshops designed to offer information and advice for families to support young people's learning featuring the following presenters:
- Aspects "using IT to support your childs’ learning at home"
- Dyslexia Scotland North East branch "a parent and young persons’ perspective"
- Aberdeenshire Council "How needs are supported in school".
- Educational Psychologists Team & Dyslexia Scotland: Understanding our service
Entry is free, but please register in advance via this link.
The first parent council meeting of this term takes place on Thursday 12th Januaryat 7pm in the school library. Click for the agenda.
We will be joined by John Harding, Head of Lifelong Learning & Leisure, and Vincent Docherty, Head of Service (Education), from Aberdeenshire Council to discuss the future of the current Banchory Sports Centre and implications for the school once the new Banchory Sports Village is in place.
Happy New Year!
The draft minutes of the December 2016 meeting are now available via the Meetings tab.
The next meeting is on Thursday 12th January 2017 at 7pm in the school library. All welcome. If you would like to raise an agenda item, please contact Yvonne Leathley (chair) via email@example.com or leave a message at the school reception.
Three particular points of note:
- New members - We welcome Alfi Smith, Colin Macelod and Jacqueline Conroy to the parent council. For a full list of 2016/17 members, see Who we are.
- Homework - You'll see from the minutes that Depute Colin Nicoll attended the meeting to discuss the results of the Banchory Academy homework working group's survey. To read the survey report, click Homework Survey findings.
- Traffic safetyis a great cause of concern at present and we want to keep all members of our community safe. The main…