A belated Happy New Year and a quick update from the Parent Council.
- Meetings - Our scheduled January 7th meeting was cancelled because of the adverse weather and early closure of the school. The next meeting will be the scheduled meeting on February 4th at 7pm in the school library. Please contact us with any agenda items. If you already raised something for the January agenda it will be carried forward to the February meeting. All parents/carers are very welcome at the meeting.
- Homework Survey - If you haven't already done so, please find a few minutes to complete the online Banchory Academy Parent Survey on Homework - link to it from the main school website www.banchoryacademy.co.uk. There is also a pupil version, so everyone can have their say. S1-S3 take (or have taken) the pupil survey in school; S4-S6 should take it at home.
- NPFS careers leaflet - The National Parent Forum of Scotland website is always a useful source of information for parents about education. Hard copies of their latest leaflet, Career Education: A World of Possibilities, will be distributed to all pupils via the school.
KPMG are one of the ‘big 4’ financial services companies in the world and are coming in to school on Friday 18th December from 1pm to 2pm to talk about two direct entry (from school) programmes that they run. This involves working, training and gaining a University Degree whilst being supported by KPMG.
This talk may be of interest to anybody interested in a career in the financial industry that may include accountancy or wider aspects of financial services including investments, insurance, pensions and banking.
Interested pupils should sign up for the talk at the School Office.
(For general information on career paths at KPMG, see also https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/) .
Parent Council member Megan Hare has been working with Depute Rector Colin Nicoll to get some parent-led careers talks in place.
The first talk will take place on Friday, Dec 4th, in the lecture theatre during lunchtime. It will be presented by a parent, Nick Kennington, who is an Operations/Engineering Manager for BP with accountability for the Foinaven Field/ production vessel, located in the Atlantic 120 miles west of the Shetland islands.
Please do spread the message to students who may be interested, or parents you know who have children who may be interested. The sign up is initially likely…
Here we are at the end of November already, but just in time to post some updates and announcements.
- Latest Minutes - The minutes from the November parent council meeting are now available. This was the last meeting in 2015. The next meeting will be on Thursday 7th January at 7pm in the school library.
- Banchory Academy condition and suitability of premises – a parental perspective - the parent council is aware that council officers are engaging with Banchory Academy relating to issues with the structure and suitability of the premises and we are pleased this is happening. We have contributed a parental perspective on…
Welcome back from the October break!
Just a few things to let you know:
- The next meeting date is now Thursday 12th November, NOT 3rd December as originally listed. December is such a busy month, so following the October meeting it was decided to bring the next meeting forward. We hope that this will be more convenient for parents wishing to attend.
- We've added to the local and national external website links listed under the Linksmenu item. Thanks to Aberdeenshire Council for suggesting further interesting websites. Have a look at the links available - there's a wealth of information about the council's services,…