Here we are at the end of November already, but just in time to post some updates and announcements.
- Latest Minutes - The minutes from the November parent council meeting are now available. This was the last meeting in 2015. The next meeting will be on Thursday 7th January at 7pm in the school library.
- Banchory Academy condition and suitability of premises – a parental perspective - the parent council is aware that council officers are engaging with Banchory Academy relating to issues with the structure and suitability of the premises and we are pleased this is happening. We have contributed a parental perspective on the situation. The report, Banchory Academy condition and suitability of premises – a parental perspective, highlights areas where parents have reported significant impact on their children’s learning experience. It sets parents’ views about the current state of the Banchory Academy premises in the wider context of school estate maintenance both nationally and locally. We have circulated this report to council officers and to our local elected Aberdeenshire Council members.
- Aberdeenshire Council: Have your say - budget engagement - 2016/17 - in these straitened times for public spending, Aberdeenshire Council is seeking the public's views on its spending priorities, including education spending. You can contribute your views via this online survey.
Welcome back from the October break!
Just a few things to let you know:
- The next meeting date is now Thursday 12th November, NOT 3rd December as originally listed. December is such a busy month, so following the October meeting it was decided to bring the next meeting forward. We hope that this will be more convenient for parents wishing to attend.
- We've added to the local and national external website links listed under the Links menu item. Thanks to Aberdeenshire Council for suggesting further interesting websites. Have a look at the links available - there's a wealth of information about the council's services, the SQA, careers, parenting, university application and so on. Let us know if there are any other links that you would recommend.
- Aberdeenshire Council has provided their record of the area Parent Councils meeting in June. We've placed a copy in our Documents section.
You may have heard references in the press and other media lately about potential developments in Scottish education to improve attainment - this is all linked to the announcement of a draft National Improvement Framework for Scottish Education. All Parent Councils have thie week received a letter from Angela Constance MSP, the Scottish Government's Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning.
This is a key extract from the letter:
As we move forward to further develop the Framework, I want to hear from parents, teachers and children. There are a number of engagement events around the country where you can come along…
Next meeting is October 1st at 7pm in the school library - all parents/carers of Banchory Academy pupils welcome.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to add anything to the agenda.