We are pleased to announce that at the October meeting we filled the vacant posts of Chair and Vice-Chair.
Megan Hare will take over the Chair role with Scott Newey as Vice-Chair.
Many thanks to both.
(Full draft minutes from the October meeting are now available via our Meetings tab.)
The following invitation is open to all; please RSVP to Roisin as indicated, for numbers.
Dear Banchory Academy Parent Council,
You are invited to a meeting to hear from Aberdeenshire Council about the current situation in relation to Banchory Academy buildings and to agree future methods of communication with the wider community.
The condition of Banchory Academy was highlighted as one of the most important issues within the recently published Banchory Community Action Plan.
Time, date and venue as follows:
Tuesday 3rd Oct 2017 6.45-9pm; PFR Room, Banchory Community Centre
Can you please confirm your attendance by emailing email@example.com and pass on to any relevant stakeholders as well.
Marr Area Partnership
Scottish Charity Reg. SC031462
We receive a fair amount of correspondence about relevant national or regional organisations, events and surveys.
Here is a summary of September's inbox, all worth a click:
- Link to National Improvement Framework - parental survey from National Parent Forum of Scotland.
- Link to BBC article on potential danger of Snapchat map update from Donna Wilson, Education Support Officer (Parental Engagement) at Aberdeenshire Council.
- Back-to-school newsletter from National Parent Forum of Scotland.
- Scottish Government consulation on free bus travel for Modern Apprentices.
- Link to Young Scot Digi, Aye? campaign which provides information on internet safety, cyber security, resilience and careers in digital technology.
Following on from the AGM earlier this month we welcome new parents Jill Matthew and Scott Newey to the Parent Council.
The positions of Chair and Vice Chair are currently vacant and we will be addressing how to manage this at our next meeting on Thursday October 5th at 19:00 in the school library. All parents/carers are welcome to attend any of our meetings. Minutes of past meetings are available via our Meetings link.
All parents and carers of Academy pupils are invited to the Parent Forum AGM at 7pm on Thursday 7th September in the drama studio.
Printed copies of the following documents will be available at the meeting:
- Parent Forum AGM 2017 Agenda
- Parent Council Chair's report for year 2016/17
- Parent Council Accounts for year 2016/17
- Parent Forum AGM Minutes 2016
The Parent Council is formed of representatives from the Parent Forum according to the articles of the Banchory Academy Parent Council Constitution.
The first Parent Council meeting will follow at 7.30pm: